Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Frickin Constitutional Law

Preface: Due to the possibility of Honor Code violation, while I am writing this only a few hours after the Con Law exam, I am scheduling its publication for after all exams are finished.

So about a month ago, I'm talking to my buddy in Con Law about what might be on the exam.  He says that our professor always does some really topical issue.  Well, as everyone who has a TV, twitter, facebook, or life knows, the most topical legal issue right now is gay marriage. And I could tell by the questions people were asking at the review session that everyone thought that would be the subject of our big question.

It wasn't.

Professor H. even said: Due Process and Equal Protection are the two big issues. (We'd had a midterm discussing Justiciabilty, Commerce Power and Federalism, so none of those were on the exam.)

And he didn't test us on ANY OF IT.



My buddy in Con Law said he discussed EP in the discussion on Civil War Amendment Enforcement, but not very much of it.  I tried so hard to put it in there, but I couldn't get the issue to fit.

I thought gay marriage was going to be the subject of the exam so much, I made a supplemental outline for just that topic. I was so proud of that supplemental outline. I might post it here so all that work won't go completely to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment